3.06.2010

My Daughter is going to be ONE!

So, today is our party for Addyson's 1st birtday. It started out with just immediate family and grew and grew....and I'm so glad that everyone who is coming, is coming though . We tried to keep it at people who have somehow impacted our lives since we had our baby girl. The theme is Mickey Mouse Club House and the chosen foods are pizza, cake, ice cream and soda, definitly a kids' cuisine. Dad came in from CA, which was even better and sealed the deal on how special this day has been planned to be. Everyone says, "Don't stress", but in all honesty I'm not. I want to have fun and enjoy this 1st with our little one.

Yesterday, Dad and I took Pooky to get her one year photos done @ Portrait Innovations, which is amazing by the way, definitly recommend it to anyone who needs pics! I bought too many pics, but we have a ham of a kid so it was hard to resist. She is such a good baby, I couldn't have asked for anymore. Hopefully, God willing the next will be like her (which is a couple years off).

If I had to pic the highlights of her 1st baby year, they would be:
-the day she was born, it is such an overwhelming, consuming love.
-the smile that greets me every morning, the whole reason my days are filled with happiness
-all the nights she would cry for me and I'd cuddle and rock her back to sleep.

I'm not going to lie, but the first year was rough, full of aniexty, tiredness and tears at times, but not for one second, would I trade it. I know I wouldn't have wanted to go through it without my best friend and hubs, Nick. It puts your life in such perspective, making you more humble, patient, loving, sympathetic, realistic, unselfish. If you want to know what it's like to love unconditionally, have a kid.

So, there is my mush, but I'm just a happy, proud mama! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ADDYSON KINLEY!



Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: